- To provide greater access for higher education to all and in particular to the socially and educationally unprivileged youth upholding the principle of social equity.
- To promote academic excellence and innovation through state-of-the-art Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral programmes.
- To make the education globally competitive and socio-economically relevant through competent faculty, modern infrastructure and technology support.
- To enhance the status of Departments, Conducted and Affiliated Colleges in the fields of knowledge generation and dissemination by pro-actively supporting cutting-edge research
- To offer educational programmes catering the current and future needs of society, region and industries.
- To provide inspiring/conducive academic, social and cultural experience/atmosphere to the students, teachers and staff facilitating realization of their full potential and all-round development.
- To increase the efficiency, transparency and accountability in govenance upholding the best interest of the students and the community.
- To reform examination system for improving standard of evaluation and weeding out systemic inefficiencies.
- To ensure continued adequate funding through knowledge enterprise and efficient resource management.
- To strive for community welfare through extension services involving youth in order to cultivate the spirit of integration and sense of ownership as well as social responsibility in them.
- To acquire and nurture creative human resources and upgrade excellence and skills of existing staff.
- Extensive use of ICT for teaching, information dissemination, administrative/ financial / examination processes and transactions between students, colleges and various departments of University.
- To encourage and facilitate inter-institutional and international exchange programs and collaborations in teaching and research.